Website


Thursday 10 December 2009

The New York Trilogy



In my current work, I have been collecting things. Objects, drawings, photographs, sentences, ideas, thoughts and so on. As I did so and began to accumulate a volume of stuff, all these connections and links started appearing. Therefore my tutor told me to read The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster as a running theme throughout all his books is coincidence.

So I was sitting in the Cameo cafe/bar the other day, reading this book. In the chapter I was reading, two men were having a conversation about books. At the same time, I was half listening in to the conversation going on at the table behind me. At this table, there were two men talking about books. So this went on for a while, half reading about two men talking about books and half listening to two different men talk about books. Then one of the men behind me started recommending books to the other; a series of books called the Millennium Trilogy.

So I think I should read those next.

No comments:

Post a Comment