Website


Wednesday 6 January 2010

Where the Wild Things Are


Finally got round to seeing Where the Wild things Are the other day. I don't really know what I was expecting, kind of for it to be disappointing, so I wasn't disappointed. But that's not to say it was bad. I was filmed so beautifully and the costumes and landscapes and everything were perfect. It was just really obvious the whole way through that they were trying to spin a full length film from a book that has 9 sentences and not much of a plot to begin with. It have to admit that it got a little boring and repetitive, and had no real conclusion. Max goes to island; meets a bunch of unsettled monsters, who are all various aspects of himself. They are happy for a while, sad for a while, happy for a while, sad for a wile, mainly running around and fighting. Oh and they build a really cool house. And then Max goes home, leaving the Wild Things in the same, if not worse state than they were in the first place. So i found it a little disappointing.

However, it's been a week now since I saw this film, and I still keep thinking about it. And I think I need to see it again. And I bought the original story book, arriving in the post any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment