Website


Thursday 1 August 2013

*Announcement*: As yet untitled self initiated residency in my back garden for the month of August

On Saturday I left Edinburgh where I lived for 5 years. For the next month I will be deciding what to do next and will be looking for art related opportunities, funding and residencies, as well as work in other areas. In order to have the time to focus on doing so, I have moved home to my parents house in Glasgow.

High on my priorities is seeking out an artist residency so that I can work in a new place, meet new people and have the time and headspace to research various avenues of thought and strengthen the connections between them. This would be invaluable to my practice and would lead to the production of new work and further exciting projects. 

In the mean time, I propose a self initiated residency in my back garden for the month of August. I am in the fortuitous position where I have somewhere to stay rent free for a period of time, and a nice little summerhouse with plenty of windows, electricity, peace and quiet and wi-fi at my disposal. Plus, Glasgow and all it has to offer are just a 7 minute train journey away. What more could I ask for of a residency? 

Proposal: 
1. To develop research into PowerPoint, The New Space Race, plants & gardens and Soviet disco lights. 
2. To continue collaborative work with the Information Delivery Service, of which I am a founding member.
3. To figure out what on Earth to do in September. 








































Intended Outcomes: 
1. Document research on this blog over the residency period.
2. Clarify ideas in order to strengthen future residency proposals.
3. Make new work in some form. Create a web page of findings.

I am pleased to announce the commencement of this as yet untitled self initiated residency in my back garden was 11 minutes ago.

Goodnight.
Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment