Website


Monday 26 August 2013

☼ Links and Loops ☼

Here is my print from the Worlds in Transit exibition with Super-Collider in June...


More info about the project here.

I like how things link to each other, how one piece of information takes you to another, which might take you somewhere, everything links on to something else weaving in and out of the internet and real life. I love when these links cross over and link back to form a loop and another chain of information links.























For example, a friend send me this image in 2011 which took me to http://www.super-collider.com/ around the time they were taking this trip, entitled Unknown Feilds, from Chernobyl to Baikonur. I nearly passed out with jealousy and kept an eye on their subsequent activities, which led me to going on their next trip to watch Venus in Transit last June. 

This in turn led to many other adventures, all from following a sequence of linked images. Like a word association game... but with pictures on the internet. The nature of witnessing the Transit of Venus itself was a quest to see with our own eyes an image we had seen online or in books or had read about. We had to travel to almost the arctic circle, to look through a solar filtered telescope to obtain our very own versions of this image so rarely seen. 















These are particularly excellent images from the Unknown Fields trip that I found myself looking at again recently... 



















More here. This one caught my eye...

So I went had a look and found a copy online and it's now in the post winging it's way to my book pile of brain treats. Let's see where this goes. It's quite amazing, the fact that I can see a photo someone took of a book in a pile of rubbish in an abandoned school at Chernobyl and within moments purchased myself a copy of the very same book. 

ps. Win a bit of meteorite and a plastic bag http://www.super-collider.com/home-page/summer-crater-competition/.

No comments:

Post a Comment