Website


Friday 2 August 2013

Running

For the duration of this residency I aim to go for a run every day. Bishopbriggs is a suburb to the north of Glasgow, and the perfect landscape for running around and looking at gardens. It's a monoblock wonderland.






I'm interested in running for various reasons including the simplicity and repetition of it and it's a good time to think/not think. I enjoy reading and watching documentaries about running so now is the time to actually commit to actually doing it. I'll be using Map My Run because when you log your runs you can trace it on maps and it makes bar graphs. I could take runs that spell out words like Peter Stillman in 'The New York Trilogy'.

I would also like to find out more about Plato's academy, where the three disciplines were were philosophy, mathematics and gymnastics. I'd also like to get really good at the hula-hoop.


No comments:

Post a Comment